Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Even NPR Says I'm A Square


Oh, my beloved champagne-colored 2000 Buick Century. My first car. I loved that car. I loved its cassette player that was augmented by a ten-CD-changer in the trunk that was controlled by some little gadget in the front seat that fell beneath the pedals whenever I went over railroad tracks. I loved the smooth ride and the fact that you could fit 44 people in the back seat and 17 more in the trunk. Like, it was a really good car. I knew it wasn't cool, but it was free and I never had one problem with it.

Imagine my joy when Car Talk on NPR (a favorite radio show of me and 45-year-old men) talked about how Buicks were for squares. Exact words. Well, if loving a Buick is wrong, I don't want to be right.

By the way, happy snow day, everyone!