Friday, May 22, 2009

Where is My Mind?

Yeah, it's been a hot minute since I blogged. But evidently I have been busy.
This weekend is Memorial Day, which means the old three day weekend in academia. The best part of three day weekends is obviously sleeping in. And even though to me, sleeping in means 8:30AM, still, that's pretty good.
On the theme of waking up, I've been doing that lately, at least once each day this week. And every day this week I've had an amazing and unique song stuck in my head, to the point where I want to bludgen myself in the shower. Anyway, right quick, here are the songs I had stuck in my head this week. I'm not even going to find YouTubes of these, because they will become stuck in my head again.
Monday -- "River of Dreams" by Billy Joel
Tuesday -- "Happy Birthday, Jesus" by Mike Douglas (Noooo!)
Wednesday -- "Calabria 2008" by Enur (Okay, this one is a JAM and must be posted.)

Thursday -- "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain (Evidently my brain loves talk-singing first thing in the morning, since Mike Douglas is also all over it.)
Friday -- "I Will Remember You" by Sarah Maclachlan
Unfortunately in most of these cases, the only way to get the song out of my head was to listen to it. Do not want!