Friday, January 7, 2011

Readerly 2011: Book One Done

I finished up Brat Farrar on the T yesterday morning, and I have mixed feelings about it. I saw the solution coming from miles away, and so the entire time I was reading I was assuming there would be some sort of twist. Well, I supposed at the end there sort of was, and everything turned out lovely and everyone was happy, but it wasn't enough of a twist for me. However, I really enjoyed reading the book itself. As always the writing was great, and I didn't want to skip any part of it, not even the gobs of pages about horses. Oh man, there was so much about horses. Honestly. So I suppose that in the end I recommend the book, but not enthusiastically. I'd go for The Franchise Affair instead.

Next up and already started is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I know, I know! I'm way behind the times. Anyway, I just started this yesterday, and I'm a decent bit in already, I'd say, but this book is decidedly longer and not such a light read, so it might be a bit until I get it done. Nonethless, book #2 of 2011 is begun!