Thursday, August 27, 2009

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This promo for the VMAs is making me feel like a granny.



Dramatic recreation of my response to that VMA ad:



First of all, I love Russell Brand. I can even admit to liking some Taylor Swift on occasion! But that VMA commercial was PAINFUL. Am I right?! Everyone's singing seemed to be just plain off. And a West Side Story theme? Really? Didn't GAP ads do that better in the late 90s?



Yes indeed. Cobra Starship & Co. just got served by some dancers wearing snazzy slacks.

But, alas! I'm totally watching the VMAs this year, since one of my favorite bands (Muse!!!!!!!!!!!!!) is showing up to play a new song. Why must you put me through this, Muse? Why? Ah well. Maybe Russell Brand will say something hilariously offensive to the Jonai again to amuse me while I wait for Muse...