Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quote of the Day - "Look over here! Am I Not Shocking?!" by Marilyn Manson

"Track two is called 'Pretty as a Swastika.' It's something I said to a girl because of her complexion - with black hair, red lips and pale skin. I mean, it was a complex and poetic comment that soon led to intercourse, so I felt no reason for it to be seen as confusing, hateful and destructive. The record label [told me], Take it off the album. Rather than do so, I decided to produce it on the inside of the sleeve with a different name, so it'll be sold in Wal-Mart or wherever stores sell guns but are afraid to deal with lyrics. So I put 'Pretty as a ($)' because all of their motivations are based on money." -- Marilyn Manson, on his new album

Dear MM,

How old are you? And you're seriously STILL trying to shock people this way? Haven't you figured out that we'd only be truly shocked if you DROPPED the perma-adolescent, offensive rebel shtick?

Let me indulge you for just a second by paying attention to you long enough to get pissed about this comment. While I have been known to defend/enjoy you on several occasions, and even loved a modern dance set to your "Beautiful People," this comment ain't gonna fly with me, grandpa. You think that comment was "poetic and complex," while I think it's the kind of thing a 5th grader says to try to communicate he's edgy. You use the term "intercourse" to seem dark, while I use it to describe your parentage. For example: Alice Cooper and a Dodo Bird must have had intercourse in order to produce the artist formerly known as Brian Warner.

Oh, Manson. Shock me, shock me with that deviant behavior. [insert eye roll here]

-- VC

P.S. Here's an idea: Why don't you, Mystery, and Criss Angel co-author a book about how shocking, poetic, and revolutionary you all are, ok? Ok.

P.P.S. Evan Rachel Wood, you should be ashamed of yourself. That's nasty, girl.

+ =